Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Work Sucks...

Work sucks the fun out of me.

I love what I do. I really, really do. I re-read that and it seems like I am trying to convince myself you that I really mean that. But really, I love what I do. There are some days, however, when I would like to do something other than emailing professors, on the verge students and cooperating teachers. Something besides creating 3 hour long presentations that are 'fun' and 'engaging' to college aged students. Do you know how hard it is to engage 20 something year old's in literacy development?? Something besides research. Anything besides that actually. Research while enriching, can really disturb my fun.

Today is one of those days when I wanted to do something different. 
I wanted to...

Sleep in until 8am. Fancy, I know.

Go on a 3 mile run and enjoy myself. Rather than the 2 miler I ran where I am pretty sure I gave myself whip-lash checking my watch every 3 minutes.

Visit Target and walk every. single. aisle. (my kind of heaven)

Take a long shower. Take my time shaving. Exfoliate even!

Read a book for fun while getting a mani/pedi. Not a technical book and certainly NOT a research journal.

Watch a chick flick, with a glass of wine, in the middle of the day. No husband around to make fun of the obvious plot.

Take a nap. I do not honestly remember the last time I did that.

Go shopping. Magically everything fits like a comfortable glove.

Go out to eat, on a weeknight, with my boo (his idea!). Not rush home to finish work before the clock strikes 10pm.

Sleep through the night without waking up to write something down on the To-Do list next to my bed.

Doesn't that sound nice??
A girl can dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Babbling with the Bogle(s) All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley