Friday, July 31, 2015

Italian Veggies

Is it a stew, is it a side dish?

I have no idea because I have made this recipe for so many different reasons and enjoyed it in so many ways. I love to make a big batch of Italian veggies and eat it throughout the week for lunch, a snack, as a side dish. I told you this meal is confused, but it IS incredibly delicious, so the confusion is worth it!

The most challenging part of this whole process is the veggie prep and that is a breeze.

Italian Veggies

sweet onion, roughly chopped

3-4 garlic cloves, minced

2 yellow squash, peeled and quartered

2 green squash, peeled and quartered

1 eggplant, peeled and chopped to match the size of the squash

mushrooms, quartered

large can of crushed tomatoes

salt & pepper

parmesan cheese

Look at these pretty fresh veggies!

Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a dutch oven or other heavy bottom pan.

Once hot, add the roughly chopped onion and cook until translucent.

Add the garlic and other veggies and cook until veggies are slightly tender.
Just added the veggies to the pot.
Cooked until just tender.

Lower your heat to low. Add the crushed tomatoes. and stir until combined.

Season with salt and pepper. I do not actually use much salt here because I love nothing more than a heaping bowl of these veggies topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese. The parmesan adds enough of a salty kick for me. 

Cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Ready to devour...

Serve up a bug bowl of these veggies topped with delicious, freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Heavenly...
I am fully aware I have a cheese problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Babbling with the Bogle(s) All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley