Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Avocado Pesto

I just indulged in the most amazing pesto... so amazing, I needed to share! The recipe is originally from Oh She Glows, but I didn't follow the measurements precisely. If you want to reference the original recipe, check it out here http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/

Avocado Pesto
1 medium avocado
A lot of fresh basil (I love the taste of basil, so I kept adding!)
1 lemon, juiced
Crushed garlic (again, I love garlic so I just eyeballed this)
Sea Salt

Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor. Taste, and if you are like me, add some more basil :)


This makes a lot, so I used about 1/3 on a serving of Gluten Free pasta. I prefer Quinoa pasta! After enjoying that I then spread some more pesto on a piece of Udi's whole wheat toast. 


I'm not sure if you are picking up on this, but I really enjoyed the pesto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Babbling with the Bogle(s) All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley